Full Contest rules
This naming contest is sponsored by Blue Horseshoe Ventures LTD.
Individuals who are Ohio residents over the age of 18 are encouraged come up with a name for the $2 billion, 350-acre Mega Complex in Sunbury, Ohio will one of the largest entertainment and recreation destinations in the world. The name and form information must be submitted electronically here. The name should be a creative expression for such a large and sprawling facility.
All entries must be submitted to the contest website by October 31, 2018, by 11:59 pm EST to be eligible to enter the contest. Blue Horseshoe Ventures will evaluate each submission and will select the Grand Prize winner (a $1,000 Visa gift card and a chance to be part of the ribbon cutting ceremony). The winner will be notified via email after the name is picked.
A. The contest is open to all individuals aged 18 and older.
B. All information on the entry must consist solely of the original work of the individual that submits the entry. No copyrighted material may be submitted.
A. Your entry must be submitted digitally.
B. Your entry may not contain profanity or other offensive language.
C. If Blue Horseshoe Ventures deems the content of the entry inappropriate, the entry may be disqualified from the contest without notice to the participant.
Contest Entry and Submission
A. Visit the contest website to complete the contest entry.
1. Only one entry is allowed per person.
2. Entrants must submit their legal name and date of birth along with their entry.
B. Entries must be submitted between October 9, 2018 and October 31, 2018, prior to 11:59 pm EST
C. It’s the responsibility of the entrant to ensure their email address is entered correctly prior to submitting.
D. Questions concerning submission can be emailed to contest@Bluehorseshoecontest.com
Selection of Winners
A. Blue Horseshoe Ventures will select the winning entry from all eligible entries.
B. The winner will be notified via the email address submitted on the form.
A. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1. The Grand Prize winner will be selected and will:
2. Receive a $1,000 Visa Gift Card
3. Be invited to participate in the ribbon cutting or grand opening ceremony
4. Have their name and/or photograph featured on our website
B. The Grand Prize winner and finalists must submit required contest documentation forms before prizes can be officially awarded. These forms will be emailed to the winners in the winner notification email. Forms include:
1. A W-9 form requiring a Social Security number.
2. A Release Form giving Blue Horseshoe Ventures permission to use the individual’s name on their website.
3. All forms must be received within 14 days of receipt or the individual will be disqualified from the contest and an alternate will be chosen.
4. A complete and total legal release to any and all rights to the name submitted in the contest.
C. The prizes will be distributed 4-6 weeks after the required documents are received.
D. Blue Horseshoe Ventures distributes the prizes and reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any prize cannot be awarded as stated. Prizes are non-transferable and may be subject to IRS tax reporting.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Blue Horseshoe Ventures reserves the right to cancel the contest for any reason at any time during the contest duration.
2. Blue Horseshoe Ventures reserves the right to amend these rules and policies at any time and without notice. Any changes will be posted online on this page.
3. Winners of any prize are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, or local taxes.
4. Each individual agrees that Blue Horseshoe Ventures and their respective affiliates, employees, or agents shall not be responsible or liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or resulting from entry in this contest, acceptance or use of a prize or any other matter related to the contest, including, without limitation, claims based on property damage, personal injury and/or death, publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
5. By entering the contest, each individual agrees to abide by and are bound by all decisions from Blue Horseshoe Ventures relating to the determination of a winner.
6. Upon submission of any entry, the individual agrees that Blue Horseshoe Ventures completely owns any and all rights, licenses, and intellectual property associated with the submitted name. The entrant transfers any rights they may have owned with the name to Blue Horseshoe Ventures in exchange for entry into the contest. Entrant agrees that Blue Horseshoe Ventures may use the name in any way deemed necessary and agrees not to bring any legal action against Blue Horseshoe Ventures over the use of a name.